That Damn Matrix Phone
- "What phone is used in The Matrix? Isn't it a Nokia 7110 - the new spangly WAP phone?"
- Nope, it's a Nokia 8110, or the banana phone. Here are three screen grabs from the DVD to prove the point:
Just a quick point about these screen grabs ... I took these from my own personal region 1 DVD of The Matrix in August 2000. I don't mind people linking to them, as long as they give due credit to this page: www.matrixphone.org
- "So what's the difference between the two phones?"
- Wikipedia has more information: Nokia 7110, Nokia 8110.
- "What about the phone they used in The Matrix Reloaded and Animatrix: Final Flight of the Osiris?"
- You mean the Samsung SPH-N270, or the 'actual' Matrix phone? This was just a marketing gimmick / product placement. The phone wasn't really all that good for the time (~2003) and only sold in limited numbers on a single US network. It also looked awful, unlike the now iconic Nokia 8110.